For a long, fashion has been split into the seasons of Spring/Summer, Fall/Winter, Resort and Pre-Fall. The changing seasons decide the type of clothes we buy and how we style them. With the onset of the warm weather of the summer season, certain rules need to be kept in mind while buying summer clothing.
- Light-colored clothing: Lighter colors like white, beige, grey and pastels reflect the sun’s rays rather than absorbing them, which makes them ideal for summers.
- Comfortable sleeves: Sleeves in summer clothing should be such that they allow as much airflow as possible. Choosing clothing with loose sleeves or even going for sleeveless and off-shoulder clothing is the best way to ensure comfort.
- Loose-fitting clothing: Clothing with a looser fit is ideal for the summer season, as they allow room to breathe. One can opt for loose shirts, wide trousers, oversized blouses, and loose-fit dresses and skirts.
- Breathable fabrics: Certain fabrics like synthetics are not breathable in the sense that they trap moisture during the summers. This is why it is important to choose clothing items that are 100 percent linen, cotton, or silk.
- Avoid denims: Denims are much too warm for the summer season, besides being one of the heaviest fabrics. A good alternative would be lightweight cotton or linen pants.
- Rely on dresses: A summer dress is essential for the summer wardrobe, as they are comfortable and also allows maximum airflow.
Summer clothing brands
The following is a list of designer brands that provide great summer clothing options to keep you cool. They offer a mix of luxury and comfort.
- BCBG Max Azria: Founded by Max Azria in 1989, BCBG’s summer collection offers plentiful options in summer workwear. The workwear is a fine blend of comfort, professionalism, and luxury.
- Victoria’s Secret & VS Pink: Summer season is synonymous with swimsuit season, and Victoria’s Secret comes to the rescue when one needs to find the perfect swimwear. The VS Pink line has a fine collection of bikinis, one-pieces, and tankinis.
- Kate Spade New York: Kate Spade New York, an American luxury house founded in 1993 by Kate Spade, offers elevated summer essentials in various options. The garden party dresses in perfect summer hues and flowy fabrics are excellent for daytime dates or brunches.
- Topshop: British brand Topshop offers high-quality runway-to-racks items that are perfect additions to the summer wardrobe.
Among other luxury brands which offer exclusive, designer summer clothing are Prada, Versace, Burberry, Fendi, and Balenciaga.