How to Pick The Best Beachwear
If you plan to make a mark this summer at the beach, you need to be wearing the most flattering bikini. The bikini you wear must show off your figure and suit your body shape. Choosing the wrong bikini for your body type can make it look unflattering. Go through the guidelines below to inspire you to pick the best bikini.
Know Your Body Shape
The first thing to do is to understand your body shape. This is not about weight but the shape of your body. Look at yourself in the mirror and decide what body type you are. The common body types are:
- Apple – Top heavy and broad in the bust and waist.
- Pear – Wider hips with a small bust and narrow shoulders.
- Athletic – Broad shoulders, straight bust, waist, and hips.
- Hourglass – Well defined waist with even hips and bust.
- Rectangle – Minimal difference between bust, waist, and hips.
Choosing Your Swimwear
The best swimwear is the one that suits your body shape. Here’s how you can make the selection:
- For the apple body shape, consider halter tops and plunging necklines to make your torso look small. A bikini top with a high waist bottom would look ideal.
- If you have a pear body shape, choose high cut bottoms your make your thighs look slim. Choose plunging necklines, padded cups, and stylish patterns to make your curves stand out. Embellished tops with dark color bottoms are a good combination.
- For an athletic body shape, choose simple tops with fancy bottoms to make the shoulders and hips look balanced. You need to show off your long legs, so choose a bottom with a bold design, like a string bikini bottom. Choose a top with padded ups if you have small breasts. Avoid strapless tops!
- For the hourglass body type, choose matching top and bottom to highlight your body proportion. Look for high waist bottoms that highlight your waist. Choose the bikini that helps you show off your curves. Strapless tops and simple bottoms would be a good combination.
- If you are rectangular in body shape, go with skimpy tops and side-tie bottoms. This will help make you stand out. Choose bold colors and patterns to make your hip and bust look larger. Ruffled tops would be a great option to choose along with skirted bottoms.